• Employment Issues (Tax)

Employment Issues (Tax)

> Travel and Subsistence for Directors and Employees
Travelling and subsistence expenditure incurred by or on behalf of employees gives rise to many problems.

> Employment Benefits
Today the remuneration of many directors and employees comprises a package of salary and benefits.

> Cars for Employees
The current regime for taxing employer provided cars (commonly referred to as company cars) is intended to encourage manufacturers to produce cars which are more environmentally friendly and to give employee drivers and their employers a tax incentive to choose more fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly vehicles.

> National Insurance
National insurance contributions (NIC) are essentially a tax on earned income. The NIC regime divides income into different classes: Class 1 contributions are payable on earnings from employment, while the profits of the self-employed are liable to Class 2 and 4 contributions.

> Payroll – Basic Procedures
The basic procedures to help you set-up and run your payroll.

> Share Ownership for Employees – EMI
Retaining and motivating staff are key issues for many employers. Research in the UK and USA has shown a clear link between employee share ownership and increases in productivity. The government has therefore introduced two ways in which an employer can provide mechanisms for employees to obtain shares in the employer company without necessarily suffering a large tax bill.

> Employer Supported Childcare
Employer supported childcare, commonly by way of childcare voucher, is for many employers and employees and tax and national insurance efficient perk. We consider the implications of this type of benefit on the employer and employee.

> Homeworking and Tax Relief for Employees
Over the last ten years technology has advanced massively. Homeworking has become the answer for many but how have the tax rules kept up with these changes?

> Payroll Real Time Information
We set out significant changes to the way payroll information will need to be submitted to HMRC under Real Time Information (RTI)